Autumn has begun and so has the pumpkin-ocalypse! Everything is slowly being consumed with pumpkin spice flavor, sometimes with amazing results and sometimes with head-scratching disgust.
So I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon! Heh.
I wanted to share a recipe with you guys for gluten free pumpkin breakfast muffins. They are really tasty! I found a recipe in a magazine for pumpkin cakes using regular flours and converted it to gluten free. These are perfect if you know you’re going to have a busy morning: you can make them the night before and take them with you to have breakfast on the go.
Don’t worry, t looks like it has a lot of ingredients, but that’s mostly because I broke up the pumpkin pie spice into separate measurements (because I don’t have the spice mix).
1 cup gluten free oat flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sucanat
1 cup almond milk
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl or measuring cup.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients until smooth.
- Grease a muffin tin (or line with cupcake wrappers) and portion batter evenly between the cups. A cookie scoop works well for this.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, rotating muffin tin halfway, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.