Well, here we are again. It’s Saturday. Oops.
Last night our little chicken died, we’re not sure what was wrong with her. She has always looked a little sickly, but I thought she had been looking better recently until she spent all day in the coop yesterday. Hubby opened the coop this morning and took care of her body. It’s a little sad, but life goes on.
On that note, today I’m sharing a recipe for a vegan pudding.
I love sweet potatoes and recently I’ve been buying them in bags (rather than loose) because Hamlette is really liking solid foods – she has 6 teeth already! I follow a paleo page on Facebook and they shared a recipe for sweet potato chocolate pudding I’d been wanting to try, but I couldn’t find it so I picked the first one I googled. I made that recipe but I didn’t like the texture at all so I tried mixing in some coconut milk. The coconut milk did the trick: the grainy mousse turned into a nice, smooth pudding.
Sweet Potato Chocolate Pudding
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 Tbs coconut oil
1 Tbs sweetener of choice
1 tsp vanilla
1/4-3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- Bake the sweet potatoes for an hour at 350°F. Cool and peel the sweet potatoes.
- Blend everything but the coconut milk until smooth. At this point it will look a lot like a mousse.
- Scrape the chocolate mixture into a bowl and stir in the coconut milk until you reach a good consistency.
- If making ahead, bring the pudding back to room temperature before eating: it firms up in the fridge and becomes less pudding-y
- You could use melted cocoa butter instead of coconut oil for a richer flavor.